Staff of Shadows
Hi, Lurkers:

My Sorceror was doing a experience run at Nigtmare/Church yesterday, when a golden long staff fell. He thought: "The Inmolator, again. I should leave it there, and continue, but there's still that SMALL chance..." so he picked the thing up and returned to town, seeking for Cain's knowledge. And then, surprise: the "mythical" Staff of Shadows (look, at dlvl 2, from a normal monster, just as Jarulf would've said...).

So well, I am one of the VERY FEW (I'm not?) awarded with the "strange" honour of having found one of these (1 in 2000 chance! I feel honoured...), but I was wondering... will I have any practical use for it?. Is there any setup in which I could use this (it has rather pathetical statistics)... or do I mule the thing and forget about it?.

Thanks for any help in advance.
"La espada de la divina justicia no hiere prematura ni tardíamente, aunque una u otra cosa parezca a los que la deseen o la temen".

Dante Alighieri
Congratulations sir. You now have automatic bragging rights.

Otherwise... Er... No. Nothing else to say about it.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Find all the findable unique items in the game (even the elusive Deadly Hunter) and then we'll talk bragging rights ;-)
In my case, Deadly Hunter wasn't that elusive. The Staff of Shadows still is.

Congratulations, Sr. Juez.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I stumbled across my second SoS the other day. When all I was asking for was my first CC.
Oh well.
Sometimes present, sometimes veiled - death is always on your trail
Sr.Juez,Jan 8 2004, 11:27 AM Wrote:Hi, Lurkers:

My Sorceror was doing a experience run at Nigtmare/Church yesterday, when a golden long staff fell. He thought: "The Inmolator, again. I should leave it there, and continue, but there's still that SMALL chance..." so he picked the thing up and returned to town, seeking for Cain's knowledge. And then, surprise: the "mythical" Staff of Shadows (look, at dlvl 2, from a normal monster, just as Jarulf would've said...).

So well, I am one of the VERY FEW (I'm not?) awarded with the "strange" honour of having found one of these (1 in 2000 chance! I feel honoured...), but I was wondering... will I have any practical use for it?. Is there any setup in which I could use this (it has rather pathetical statistics)... or do I mule the thing and forget about it?.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Nice!

It is in my opinion the ideal weapon of choice for anyone building a character that reduces light radius to as much as possible (not sure what minimum is. Just makes it "sound" well having that staff too!
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Mmm... "grants automatic bragging rights"... of course, I should've noticed uniques can have up to seven magical attributes. But at the end, I think I'll mule my SoS and rought it with my "less powerful" Archangels' War Staff of Wizardry (so compassionate I am).

So well, lets see, what's next? Ah, yes! finding my first Dreamflange, Helm of Spirits, Scavenger's Caparace and some decently suffixed AFPM. Yeah, sounds like dead easy for me now...
"La espada de la divina justicia no hiere prematura ni tardíamente, aunque una u otra cosa parezca a los que la deseen o la temen".

Dante Alighieri
EDIT: Sorry, I mistakenly posted twice.

Dante Alighieri