Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Crafting and other cube recipes in 1.09" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #2992
Reading Topic #2992
renfield
Charter Member
24-Aug-01, 06:25 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail renfield Click to send private message to renfield Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Crafting and other cube recipes in 1.09"

Hail fellow lurkers,

I have finally convinced myself that I have done something useful enough to risk creating a new tread.

During the 1.09 changes discussion there were many questions about crafting recipes and cube formulas in general. So I set out on the quest to gather information and do some tests. I'm quite sure that most of the following is already covered somewhere on the LL but it is spread all over the place and I'm tired of writing the same answers to different "does crafting still work?" threads again and again.

The most important first, crafting still works, but it has changed. You can find the new recipes here:
http://spirea.lurkerlounge.com/Cube_Recipes.shtml

All following tests were done in single player, so YMMV.
The items need to be magic, no set, no rare no uniqes.
I have not tested non-magical, superior, socketed or rune-worded items but they should not work.
I have not tested to re-craft crafted items but it should work.

The non-weapon items can be normal, exceptional or elite versions of the appropriate base item type. For example if it says breast plate, you can use a breast plate, a cuirass or a great hauberk. I tried normal items for every single recipe, exceptional and elite for some, and all tested recipes worked.
Details: the mpq says "plate boots" for safety boots, but that still means greaves, not light plated boots. Light belt and light plate were for hitpower and are for caster now, heavy belt and plate mail the other way around. This exchange makes sense, why safety still uses a sash is beyond me.

The weapon items still can be normal, exceptional or elite, but they restricted the weapon classes. I tested several normal weapons for each recipe and one exceptional and elite.
Hitpower says blunt, this means mace-class, i.e. clubs, hammers, mauls and scepters. I have not tested staffs, wands and orbs, but I doubt they work.
Blood requires axes, this means all axe-class weapons not only the one named "axe", polearms not tested.
Caster wants rods, this means staffs, wands and scepters. Orbs do not work, maces not tested.
Safety says spear, this means all spear-class and javelin-class weapons. Polearms, amazon-specific spears and amazon-specific javelins not tested.
Detail: the safety weapon adds % to defense, since weapons have no defense this adds to your total, so even small % can make a difference. If thats a bug or a feature I can't tell.

The elite recipes with their improved fixed mods are gone and the deadly recipes for exceptionals have vanished as well. Even most of the former useful mods on normal recipes like frost nova on hitpower, life leech on blood, +% max mana on some caster and (magic) damage reduced on safety got nerfed.
So, now after we know how to craft again, one question remains:
Do we still want to craft?

I have more to tell, but sadly I have to leave for the weekend. I will continue on monday, if I manage to find my thread in the archive
This means I can't respond to questions, ignore flames or enjoy praise until monday as well

renfield

Printer-friendly page | Top

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic