To you folks on the other side of the Pond...
...Since you've had a day to play with 4.01, and us Europeans have yet to receive our extended maintenance (If you didn't know, maintenance/patch days are on Wednesdays over here), I'm hoping that I could get a few things clarified.

1) With ammo going away, how is the transition being handled? I know in the past obsolete items have been converted into something at least vendorable, so has the same thing happened for ammo? Or should I vendor all my stacks before logging out tonight?
2) How much do PvP Mounts cost? I know the "old" Honor cost of 50k translates into a "new" cost of 1,200; is this the new price or is it a little different?
3) At 80, how many Glyph slots will be available? Will we be getting the full 3/3/3 slots, or is the last Prime Glyph slot unlocking at 85?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I'm still not fully patched yet after 3 and a half hours, with most of it previously downloaded thanks to the background downloader. Have fun. Wink

Edit: And 4 and a half hours later, I'm finally patched. Realms are still delayed. Last I saw instead of noon pacific time, ETA is set to 4pm pacific. Silly Blizzard.
Intolerant monkey.
(10-12-2010, 07:43 PM)NiteFox Wrote: ...Since you've had a day to play with 4.01, and us Europeans have yet to receive our extended maintenance (If you didn't know, maintenance/patch days are on Wednesdays over here), I'm hoping that I could get a few things clarified.

1) With ammo going away, how is the transition being handled? I know in the past obsolete items have been converted into something at least vendorable, so has the same thing happened for ammo? Or should I vendor all my stacks before logging out tonight?
2) How much do PvP Mounts cost? I know the "old" Honor cost of 50k translates into a "new" cost of 1,200; is this the new price or is it a little different?
3) At 80, how many Glyph slots will be available? Will we be getting the full 3/3/3 slots, or is the last Prime Glyph slot unlocking at 85?

Our servers still aren't back up yet. But

1) On Beta they were white vendor trash.
2) No clue
3) MMO-champion says you should have all glyph slots by L75 1/1/1 at 25 2/2/2 at 50 3/3/3 at 75.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Still haven't gotten it installed. It is asking me for the Cataclysm disk...
(10-13-2010, 02:24 AM)vor_lord Wrote: Still haven't gotten it installed. It is asking me for the Cataclysm disk...

Mine is not installed yet either. I have a dedicated 40G drive for WoW. The patch installation fills up the entire drive and crashes half way through for lack of disc space. This for a game that lists a 15G requirement.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-13-2010, 02:41 AM)LavCat Wrote: Mine is not installed yet either. I have a dedicated 40G drive for WoW. The patch installation fills up the entire drive and crashes half way through for lack of disc space. This for a game that lists a 15G requirement.

I wonder if this is what is happening to me too, I've only got 10G listed free. I'll give it a shot.
(10-12-2010, 07:43 PM)NiteFox Wrote: 2) How much do PvP Mounts cost? I know the "old" Honor cost of 50k translates into a "new" cost of 1,200; is this the new price or is it a little different?

2000 honor points is what they're selling for on my rogue.
Intolerant monkey.
Well according to this post, I have to completely remove the game and install from scratch

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread...9287&sid=1

Quote:We wanted to stress one major point about the migration process that is occurring with World of Warcraft with this current patch. If you're getting errors about not having enough file size and are confused by this it's important to remember that everything in the game is being converted/patched on the fly. This means that the game will essentially DOUBLE in size of it's current install usage. So if you only have ~10-15GB free then you may run into these problems. In these situations the only way around this at this time is to completely remove the game and reinstall from the new installer. I'm going to place the instructions to ensure the game is completely removed below, along with re-installation instructions.
(10-12-2010, 07:43 PM)NiteFox Wrote: 1) With ammo going away, how is the transition being handled? I know in the past obsolete items have been converted into something at least vendorable, so has the same thing happened for ammo? Or should I vendor all my stacks before logging out tonight?

All nine glyph slots seem to be available at 80.

Ammunition is now a gray item. Or, for you, I guess, a grey item.
(10-13-2010, 03:39 AM)vor_lord Wrote: Well according to this post, I have to completely remove the game and install from scratch

What finally worked for me was to copy my WoW directory from the SSD to a larger drive, then let the launcher and downloader do their thing. Windows complained of a couple of javascript errors, but it basically seemed to work. I then made a backup and deleted files that probably were not necessary, such as all the 2.x and 3.x patches. Lastly I copied everything back to the SSD.

Then I could play. In a manner of speaking. I have seven level 80's, most with dual spec, that I have to configure and learn how to play. Took a while just to be able to auto attack.

While I am complaining, the Blizzard background downloader process has been running, and was configured to download, but nothing as far as I could tell had actually been downloaded before this afternoon and I had to wait for about 4.6G to come in.

In any event, things seem stable now.
*cries* RIP Garrin

They reset all the names of the demons. Sad Sad Sad
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(10-13-2010, 03:09 AM)Treesh Wrote: 2000 honor points is what they're selling for on my rogue.

Thanks. That's a pretty nasty hike over the old value; given the old Honor cap was 75,000, that much would only net you 1,800 "new" money.

(10-13-2010, 06:38 AM)LavCat Wrote: All nine glyph slots seem to be available at 80.
Good news. I suppose the scarcity and cost of the Prime Glyphs will act as a temporary "cap" for the next few weeks. Lord knows how much I want to abuse the Kill Shot glyph before the inevitable PvP nerf.

(10-13-2010, 06:38 AM)LavCat Wrote: Ammunition is now a gray item. Or, for you, I guess, a grey item.
I sold off all my ammo last night, except for a single Iceblade Arrow that I can show off to all the kids. "You don't know how hard it was back when we had to buy ammunition."

And it's grey. Always grey. Fonzie's catchphrase isn't "aaaaaayyyy", now is it?

Everyone Wrote:Patching woes.
The one upshot to being in Europe, I suppose. To put things in perspective, when I just fired up the launcher, the full patch size was 5.69 gigs (thereabouts) and the previous piecemeal patch added up to 5.60 gigs. Got more than enough space to accommodate a doubling of the install directory. Patch seems to be going through smoothly so far.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

(10-13-2010, 02:57 AM)vor_lord Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 02:41 AM)LavCat Wrote: Mine is not installed yet either. I have a dedicated 40G drive for WoW. The patch installation fills up the entire drive and crashes half way through for lack of disc space. This for a game that lists a 15G requirement.

I wonder if this is what is happening to me too, I've only got 10G listed free. I'll give it a shot.

It is.

Once it's all done, it's about the same size it was before.

However during the patching process it downloads the 4-5 gigs of junk, then expands all that so you end up with WoW taking about double the space it did. Then it installs and does some cleanup. Total growth after cleanup should be no more than a couple gigs. It needs that temporary space though.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Patch ran flawlessly on my end, but, I've got it sitting on a 640 GB drive, with 500 GB free.
--Mav
Now for the fun part: The fact that the patch absolutely gutted my UI, action bars, and some macros.

While I can live without Auctioneer for a bit, the fact that oPie has trouble recognising the new Trap skills is, uh, problematic for a hunter that uses oPie to set/launch traps. I've no need for ViperNotify any more, and G15 Buttons seems to have survived the transition flawlessly, considering that I've known it to be wrecked by minor patches.

The multiple Call Pet skills is... Annoying. Okay, the Call Stabled Pet interface wasn't perfect, but there doesn't seem to be an option just to call whatever your "current" pet is. My old go-to macro was:

Code:
/cast [nopet]Call Pet; Mend Pet

I just like having the ability to call and heal my pet using the same key, and that wasn't always whatever pet was in Call Pet 1, just whatever my last pet was; wolf for general use, gorilla for emergency tanking, cat for PvP. Whichever pet I had loaded in the barrel. There doesn't seem to be a way around this at the moment.

Also, the profession panes are poor. What the hell was so wrong with the old panes that Blizzard replaced them with this... aberration? Doesn't sort items in the logical way that the old pane did, messes up its own filters; such as filtering both by whatever gives skillups and has materials for, then listing a single grey recipe that you lack materials for, and often requires closing and reopening. I know this may sound nitpicky, but for crying out loud why couldn't they just have stuck the "gives skillups" filter on the old pane rather than breaking it irretrievably.

Pet talents get wiped when dumping them in a stable, for both specs? Fuuuuuuun. I long for a add-on that can store and manage the 50 different pet specs that a full stable would require. 'til then, I'm just going to fill up my pet slots with as much pre-Cata pets as I want and hope such an add-on exists before I decide shooting myself in the head with a zipgun is a good idea.

Might sound a little grouchy, but I was oddly fond of my old interface and the patch did a lot of stupid things, such as removing Hearthstones, food, and potions from action bars. For as long as it'll take me to get things back to normal (for both specs), I'm not really "playing", and if I'm not playing, I'm getting annoyed.

Edit: Decided to pop on my Death Knight to check out the lowered cost of the Dual Spec system and discovered to my equal delight and horror that his Raise Ghoul spell has 24 days of a 2 minute cooldown remaining. Whuh?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

(10-13-2010, 09:11 PM)NiteFox Wrote: Also, the profession panes are poor. What the hell was so wrong with the old panes that Blizzard replaced them with this... aberration?

What I'm grumbling about is all the new interface panes. Guild list, character sheet, spell book, etc. They all seem to take up a LOT more screen space than the old versions did. I like the way some of the data is presented, but I want it to be more compact. Too much empty space between things. And what was wrong with the guild list being part of the social pane?
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
(10-13-2010, 10:27 PM)Klaus Wrote: And what was wrong with the guild list being part of the social pane?

We all know guilds aren't there for social purposes. They are merely there to acquire phat lewt!

There is just far too much dead space though with a lot of the new UI stuff. Blizzard loves the bloat too much.
Intolerant monkey.
(10-13-2010, 10:27 PM)Klaus Wrote: What I'm grumbling about is all the new interface panes. Guild list, character sheet, spell book, etc. They all seem to take up a LOT more screen space than the old versions did. I like the way some of the data is presented, but I want it to be more compact. Too much empty space between things. And what was wrong with the guild list being part of the social pane?

Yep, this was part of the feedback I gave on beta. Character screen with the pane on the right for numbers instead of the pane below is not better... by any stretch. Too much real estate. Much better below.

Apparently I had already re-bound (o) to guild long ago, because that brought up my guild pane, but now I need to figure out what to do about my social pane.

The guild administration is a LOT better. Haven't checked if they're requiring authenticators for promotion to officer like in the beta. I guess I should order one just in case.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The guild master has to set it to require authenticators for any given rank, I believe.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(10-14-2010, 12:02 AM)Taelas Wrote: The guild master has to set it to require authenticators for any given rank, I believe.

With the exception of the guild leader rank itself since it's on automatically by default and you can't change that setting if it's a rank currently in use and you can't have guild leader rank not in use.
Intolerant monkey.