The Lurker Lounge Forums
Diablo II: Resurrected - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Diablo II: Resurrected (/thread-17967.html)

Pages: 1 2

Diablo II: Resurrected - Bolty - 02-20-2021

Blizzard announced today at BlizzConline that Diablo II: Resurrected will be released in 2021, a full HD remaster of the original game and the Lord of Destruction expansion pack with updated cinematics.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - LavCat - 02-20-2021

I don't suppose they will give us our old characters back?

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Bolty - 02-20-2021

You mean....Resurrect...them? :p

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Taem - 02-20-2021

I just really want to know if it will be moddable. Considering Blizzard Activisim seems to be highly anti-modders, I doubt it. Truth be told, the only game I play now-a-days is Diablo 2 Median XL. I tried so many current games, and absolutely nothing even comes close to MXL, not by a long-shot! If Resurrection drives up interest in D2, I can almost guarantee MXL will see an influx of players as well.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - DeeBye - 02-20-2021

The crazy sons of bitches finally did it.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Taelas - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 04:22 AM)Taem Wrote: I just really want to know if it will be moddable. Considering Blizzard Activisim seems to be highly anti-modders, I doubt it. Truth be told, the only game I play now-a-days is Diablo 2 Median XL. I tried so many current games, and absolutely nothing even comes close to MXL, not by a long-shot! If Resurrection drives up interest in D2, I can almost guarantee MXL will see an influx of players as well.

It'll depend on the type of mod. Any mod that requires hacking the game won't be possible, since they're bringing it to the modern Battle.net to help combat duping, etc. They are keeping the existing D2 game alive and won't touch the mods that already exist.
Some mods will apparently be easier, since they are moving some of the hard-coded stuff to data.

https://youtu.be/mDQtrzN6euI?t=463

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Tal - 02-24-2021

I have to say - I'm very excited by this news. Smile

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Lissa - 02-25-2021

Does it make you Mel Brooks very excited from Life Stinks?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2VgamrBe_vM/maxresdefault.jpg (NSFW)

>.>

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Tanker_54/55 - 02-27-2021

Well, I'm not expecting much mod wise, but I mean, a remasterised Diablo II is still something I'll be waiting for!
The only thing that worries me is that the games I'm always excited for are remakes, or continuations of older franchises, like Ace Combat 7 two years ago. Am I just old, or are current games just not that interesting, as most studios just make MMOs with lots of microtransactions or mobile games?

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Zarathustra - 03-04-2021

Been lurking in the truest sense of the word for... years...

But I hope all are doing well.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Vandiablo - 03-20-2021

Oh great. Now I have to ask myself if I want to spend hundreds of hours clicking. Do I? Yes of course I do. But should I? I'll be dead in 15 years and I've never been to Peoria.

-V

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Lissa - 03-22-2021

(03-20-2021, 04:39 AM)Vandiablo Wrote: Oh great. Now I have to ask myself if I want to spend hundreds of hours clicking. Do I? Yes of course I do. But should I? I'll be dead in 15 years and I've never been to Peoria.

-V

It's overrated (Peoria that is)

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Zippyy - 05-19-2021

Hello friends!

I can't wait for this.  Between D2:R and D4, I'm looking forward to crawling dungeons with Lurkers again. Smile

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Vandiablo - 06-14-2021

Just saw a thing that said the release is planned for September 23.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - LennyLen - 06-14-2021

(06-14-2021, 04:32 AM)Vandiablo Wrote: Just saw a thing that said the release is planned for September 23.

It's the 24th for me. Sad

[Image: d2r.png]

Luckily my 24th is your 23rd. Smile

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Roland - 06-23-2021

Genuinely excited for this - already pre-purchased. I'll have to keep tabs on this place when it drops to see about some possible MP action.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - roguebanshee - 06-23-2021

D2:R is in my "Wait for user reviews" list.

On one hand there's SC:R, on the other there's WC3:R.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Bolty - 08-20-2021

FYI, the Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta is now live!  You can install and play it from Blizzard's Battle.net launcher.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - LennyLen - 08-20-2021

(08-20-2021, 06:39 PM)Bolty Wrote: FYI, the Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta is now live!  You can install and play it from Blizzard's Battle.net launcher.

Thanks for reminding me. I was supposed to go away this weekend, so I didn't think I'd get a chance to play it, but now we're in lockdown again, so I can.

RE: Diablo II: Resurrected - Bolty - 09-13-2021

The Cinematic Trailer is out today!