The Lurker Lounge Forums
March 15th - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: March 15th (/thread-6800.html)

March 15th - maniajk - 03-15-2005

Today is March 15th International Day Against Police Brutality, first observed in 1997 after Swiss police beat two children age 11 and 12 to death. :o

That's just sad! :mellow:

BTW, beware of the ides of March and pointy knives! :P

March 15th - Daemon - 03-15-2005

maniajk,Mar 15 2005, 02:51 PM Wrote:Swiss police beat two children age 11 and 12 to death.

That's freakin horrible! :angry:

I cannot conceive under which circumstances such a thing happened...

Grrr.....

-D

March 15th - Doc - 03-15-2005

How about Senate brutality?

Beware, the ides of March!

March 15th - Occhidiangela - 03-17-2005

Daemon,Mar 15 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:That's freakin horrible!  :angry:

I cannot conceive under which circumstances such a thing happened...

Grrr.....

-D
[right][snapback]70802[/snapback][/right]

What, you find that inconceivable? ;) I don't think it means what you think it means.

A few years back, two young British Boys beat a two year old to death. Given how precocious young'ns are in getting into higher grades of trouble, I do not find it odd that two cops hammered a pair of youngsters who did not handle the hammering.

I don't imagine their local police chief was too pleased! :angry:

Occhi

March 15th - maniajk - 03-24-2005

OMG! They did it again!

March 15th - jahcs - 03-24-2005

maniajk,Mar 23 2005, 06:51 PM Wrote:OMG! They did it again!
[right][snapback]71727[/snapback][/right]

I don't believe that is a case of police brutality. He was trespassing, he did run at officers making physical contact, and the police used non lethal means to subdue him.

Being autistic does not make this an automatic brutality case, just an unfortunate turn of events. I would not hold the boy liable for any crimes, of course. And, based on the information given I do not believe the police acted out of turn.

March 15th - DeeBye - 03-24-2005

jahcs,Mar 24 2005, 12:23 AM Wrote:I don't believe that is a case of police brutality.  He was trespassing, he did run at officers making physical contact, and the police used non lethal means to subdue him.

Being autistic does not make this an automatic brutality case, just an unfortunate turn of events.  I would not hold the boy liable for any crimes, of course.  And, based on the information given I do not believe the police acted out of turn.
[right][snapback]71730[/snapback][/right]

I agree with everything you said. The police were 100% in the right in this case, though unfortunate as it is.

I've known both autistic people and drug-addled people. It's hard to tell the difference between the two at the most ideal of times. It would be especially hard to tell the difference between the two at 2am when you are responding to a possible burglary call. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't get shot.