The Lurker Lounge Forums
Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man (/thread-8749.html)

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Artega - 05-05-2004

Clicky.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - gekko - 05-05-2004

My favourite bit:
RELATED NEWS
Get great deals on the new Apple iPod mini. Starting at under $250

gekko

ps the ipod still rocks. I'm trying to sell my original 5 gb first generation pod so I can get a new 20 gb one with a dock.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - SwissMercenary - 05-05-2004

Well, good thing it's not the one with the non-replaceable battery. <_<

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Archon_Wing - 05-05-2004

Quote: Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s. Mathers complained that it took 3 months to build her music collection.

Wow, weapon and motive go together! :rolleyes: :blink: :ph34r:

gekko,May 5 2004, 03:18 AM Wrote:My favourite bit:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; RELATED NEWS
Get great deals on the new Apple iPod mini. Starting at under $250

gekko

ps the ipod still rocks.&nbsp; I'm trying to sell my original 5 gb first generation pod so I can get a new 20 gb one with a dock.
Aye, I found that hilarious, too. I thought it was a random ad, however, and so didn't mention it.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Bun-Bun - 05-05-2004

And I'm waiting to get rid of my 2nd gen 20 gig model until they put out the 4th generation. I'm hoping they go with the iPod Mini style of controls. I just don't like the control arrangement on the 3rd gen; it was very much a step back IMHO.

Couldn't live without the iPod, though. I'm listening to music far more than I ever have in pre-iPod days.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - jahcs - 05-05-2004

Quote:Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man

A misleading headline. The girlfriend is responsible. The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.

Headlines like that can cause the cattle, er, general public, to panic and demand warning labels, file wrongful death lawsuits against Apple, and require permits for any device capable of downloading an MP3.

Quote:Caution: do not swing this device in a forcefull manner at or near bystanders, household pets, or fragile items.&nbsp; Use of this product may cause serious injury or death when used as a club, especially if your significant other is a psyco.

BTW: I have to say the headline did do it's job, it caught my attention.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - ShadowHM - 05-05-2004

jahcs,May 5 2004, 10:34 AM Wrote:A misleading headline.&nbsp; The girlfriend is responsible.&nbsp; The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.
Thanks

I was going to point out that headlines exactly like that with respect to guns lead to outbursts from the N.R.A. and others. :rolleyes:

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Cryptic - 05-05-2004

Wow, I'm all for multi-function appliances, but this is ridiculous!

WARNING: User of this electronic device may form a strong emotional bond with the music contained herein. The erasure of said data by a non-user may result in bodily harm, exile, or death. Do not taunt happy fun iPod.

WARNING II: Do not apply forcefully to head, as injury may result. Especially do not apply repeatedly, as this may result in bleeding, skull fracture, or possible death. Do NOT taunt happy fun iPod.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - kandrathe - 05-05-2004

... and a warning to significant others to keep their morality to either words or themselves.

jahcs,May 5 2004, 03:34 PM Wrote:A misleading headline.&nbsp; The girlfriend is responsible.&nbsp; The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.
... Which would be true if referenced article was true. Check the links. Hell, look at the URL. It's a false article, perhaps satirizing how "mass-ive" the original iPods are.

The first person to respond to this link over at the AB caught it right away (perhaps he frequents Liquid Generation often), oddly enough. I was expecting someone like Pete to come by and call my bluff by this point ^_^

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Griselda - 05-05-2004

ShadowHM,May 5 2004, 09:36 AM Wrote:headlines exactly like that with respect to guns lead to outbursts from the N.R.A. and others.&nbsp; &nbsp; :rolleyes:
Don't you mean that *people* writing headlines like that lead to the outbursts? ;)

-Griselda

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Obi2Kenobi - 05-06-2004

Only if Shadow agrees with the NRA's outbursts.

<adds own politically correct correction>

Don't you mean that persons of undefined origin and race typing headline articles (although non-headline articles are no less valueable) with an unspecified keyboard brand may have been partially tied to (the concept of "blame" is not part of the new age, non-phallo centric tolerant present) an exclamation of anger (not in any way related to gender or current working status) from a certain organization (which is no more or less important than groups, individuals, and stock holders)?

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Chief Fruity - 05-06-2004

Nice. I didn't even notice that untill you pointed it out. I'm still kind of curiouse how the iPod made stab wounds... But then again, I've never seen one in real life, so I don't know what it is shaped like.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - ShadowHM - 05-06-2004

Those damn people B)

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - DeeBye - 05-06-2004

Chief Fruity,May 6 2004, 12:18 AM Wrote:I'm still kind of curiouse how the iPod made stab wounds...&nbsp; But then again, I've never seen one in real life, so I don't know what it is shaped like.
[Image: ipod.jpg]

Yup, looks pretty deadly to me. :blink:

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Taem - 05-07-2004

Heh, that title was misleading. I just got finished watching a CSI: Miami where a cell phone had a custom made bomb in it and exploded. I thought maybe some nut saw that episode and rigged a iPod to do the same thing.

Call me sick, but after reading that article, I got an image in my head of some love song the couple liked to hear togeather playing over the iPod as she bludgoned him to death. How ironic that would be.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - NiteFox - 05-07-2004

F-*Bleep*

Gah, the problem with having to wait months to a year for shows from the US to be brough over here is innocuous spoilers.

Cheers.

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - Obi2Kenobi - 05-07-2004

It's not much of a spoiler. You probably won't remember this until you see it. :P

Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man - channel1 - 05-07-2004

Will they make a Disco version of the iPod, and call it the Saturday Night Fever Special?