Match ups I really want to see on 'Deadliest Warrior'
For people who don't know what the show is, let's just say it's on Spike. That should give you all the clue you need.

I'm not a super avid fan of it, but I don't detest it completely either. It's more like a half eaten bag of chips that I sometimes can't resist munching on.

When I first watched a few episodes in the beginning, I was thinking man...they should really step up the ridicilousness of it and just I dunno, pit Al Qaeda vs IRA or something.

Then this happened.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_W...vs_Taliban

I think I underestimated them, especially after I watched Sun Tzu vs Vlad the Impaler.

So here's a few match ups I really want to see, adhering to the show's basic conceit (everything and everyone boils down to personal combat, no matter if they're frontline combat soldier or strategist, real or possibly composite character) but IMO following it's logical (and by that I mean super ridicilousity) conclusion.

- Lincoln vs Hitler.

Lincoln was a gangly but a wiry and tough wrestler in his youth, he's probably familiar with a lever action rifle, and handy with a sledgehammer since he built the railroads during his presidency. (I checked the innernets on this one guys. Facts back me up. Don't even try to argue.) His famous stovepipe helmet is ok in a melee situations, but against a gunpowder derringer, no match.

Hitler has frontline combat experience, has access to sub machine guns but actually favoured long range bolt action rifles. Short range weapons include a concealed S&W 'Ladysmith' revolver, and a Luger. Special weapon: Spear of Destiny.

- Ayn Rand vs Karl Marx.

....Only one word to describe it really. EPIC.

- The Burger King vs Ronald McDonald.

Since these guys are more of a contemporary era, let's make it more realistic and do it as a squad vs squad scenario.

Any more ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Match ups I really want to see on 'Deadliest Warrior' - by Hammerskjold - 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM