Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond!
(04-09-2011, 02:54 AM)Frag Wrote: Quick QQ: Not sure what to play after the warrior changes. Fragalicious is dying on regular mobs in the same spec he was in pre-patching. Went from 420dps to 170dps.....

I'm not sure on advice either. I know my little L22 warriors reaver (22) paladin (7) build still tanks just fine, but I've not really played him solo much since the patch. The warrior was the least fun to solo pre patch for me anyway. I've got a Riftblade (22) / Reaver (7) build that I'm testing for solo but haven't done much with.

I wondered since beta if they had made a mistake with warrior souls since they gave them so many tanking and DPS souls. They had some self heal options and the tanking souls certainly made how you tanked different which was nice, but they still felt less flexible than the other callings.

It sounds like the issues are with soloing and that you might not find anything satisfactory for you with that. That does kind of kill the calling, unless you want to PvP all the time (as you can level at a reasonable rate with just warfronts). I'm not sure group play is really gone as tanking seems to be fine and pure DPS specs still seem to be fine. I know that warriors still munch my mage in warfronts, well at least the champions do, sure I might not die while stunned like I did before, but they are still in line with the rest of the callings (and most callings other they pyro's got changed in PvP).

I've had to adjust playstyle on most of my toons after the patch in some facet of play (the cleric changed in warfronts, and that was actually to be easier to heal with since burst damage was cut across the board and I feel more useful, though I still think chloros and bards are more effective warfront healers, at least in the 20-29 and 30-39 brackets).

But yeah they did make some major changes to how warriors play.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond! - by Kevin - 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM