This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-08-2011, 08:33 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Right... You want to go there?

I didn't start this.

Quote:There is no difference between eppie's outright expressed hatred of all things religious, or your mealy mouthed defense of his bigotry.

I haven't mentioned Eppie.

Quote:Or, maybe, people have complex opinions and cannot just be conveniently labeled by him, or you.

But they can by you? You have no problem telling me what "the bulk" of people believe, so long as it's positive (so long as they're from your in-group)? Sauce for the goose, amigo.

Quote:I abhor bigotry in *all* its forms. Oh, yes, there is intolerance expressed by those who claim to be "religious", and also in equal amounts by those who are a-religious. But, DON'T confuse me with someone who condones bigotry.

If you want to make insulting insinuations about me, simply because I can read a poll without whitewashing it, you're going to get it thrown back at you. If you don't like it, don't start it.

Quote:If he were the true representative, Phelps would be leading the movement and pastor of a mega-church. Instead, he can hardly keep his own children and grandchildren in tow.

Tell me, what is exactly the threshold number of followers required to be Christian? Or even generically religious? I would have thought zero.

Quote:Save your innuendo about what you think Christ was like...

There is what purports to be his biography in four parts, that circulates widely. It's all in there, clear as day.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by Jester - 10-08-2011, 09:10 PM