Magic Find...beating a dead horse?
Hey...not sure if this topic has been discussed fully on the forum already, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse...

I've read many sites stating that the quality of drops is unaffected by the number of consecutive runs one makes in a certain area. It's been said that this is just a figment of gamers' imaginations.

But that doesn't seem to be the case based on my own experience. I've played for a long time on B.net before I quit almost a year ago. Now I'm back playing on single player.

I certainly noticed a decreasing quality in drops during my B.net stint. After maybe about ten runs Meph would stop dropping sets and uniques and then eventually rares. When I go level or item-hunt in another area then come back to Meph, he'd drop a unique or two for the first few runs, then the quality would degrade rapidly after that.

I'm having the same experience now in single player. I've been doing Hell Meph runs with a modest amount of MF (around 150%...hey, I just started again =P ). Despite the low MF, I was consistently getting at least one unique or set for the first ten runs or so. But as the runs progressed, Meph dropped more and more blues...then eventually FEWER and FEWER blues (from 6 blues to 4 to 3...). Eventually in one run, Hell Meph dropped a small rejuv, a blue, and a QUIVER OF ARROWS.

Has anyone had the same experience? Am I just imagining this?
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!

Messages In This Thread
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Jarulf - 03-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Sheep - 03-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by kandrathe - 03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by dwa - 03-09-2003, 05:16 AM