Gearing up for release
(04-08-2012, 06:48 AM)RedRadical Wrote: Ahem, I dont think it...I know it! No offense, but I literally laughed out loud upon reading your statement that I haven't seen a great skilled rogue in action, that's akin to saying something like Michael Jordan hasn't seen a good basketball player dunk before Smile. I suggest you go to www.youtube.com/fireicetalon - watch a few of the vids, and take some notes before making such preposterous notions. As one of the best and most experienced Rogue players to ever play D1 - someone who has lvled multiple rogues to clvl 50 and found all the best gear in the game, mastered playing the low-ac healing rogue variant in hell/hell, and was one of the players to revolutionize the dynamics of D1 PvP with a Bow Rogue using auto-aim skill (along with Shade, Anti-Hero, Hariel, BadWarrior, and a few other exceptional rogues), I can assure you that I would almost certainly make anyone you played with look like a total amateur in comparison (both in terms of items, game mechanics/actual skill). As would the other players I mentioned above. There is absolutely no trick or skill with a bow rogue that anyone you have played with knows, that I don't. By the time I master D3, I will probably have forgotten more about Rogue gaming on D1 than most people will ever know. Anyways...

Yes, Rogues have the fastest attack rate, and ability to stun do to their massive dexterity, but they also do the smallest dmg overall (both actual dmg, and dps), and they are a rather fragile class - less hp than a warrior, and less mana than a sorc. While they have the highest AC, they are still more prone to get hit compared to a Warrior or Sorc using shield who also have have overall high AC. Warrior and Sorc on the contrary, are POWER HOUSE classes, that are capable of taking more dmg and dealing out more as well, in both PvM and PvP. The rogue is a great class in terms of the skill required to use it as well as its versatility, and it is really my fav class for these reasons to begin with - it is a true gamers class, but in general, they are doing the smallest dmg of the 3 classes, and are more fragile overall. A rogue with perfect gear and playing with high ac in certain PvM situations CAN be over powered, but certainly no more so than a well geared char of the other classes, and in PvP....just no. Bow Rogue is by far the hardest class to master in dueling and even when you DO master it, they are suffering the most from desync issues compared to Warrior or Sorc who are less fragile. Windforce and Needler btw, are two of the worst bows in the game for a high lvl rogue. Massive Bow of Swiftness ftw! But a high lvl Rogue doesn't even need swiftness in PvM, Emerald Heavens is probably an even better choice overall, unless you play low ac healer and need the dps for crowd control.

As far as D2 goes, I cant really comment here as I never got heavily into that game since I thought it was a disappointment in comparison to the original. But almost everyone I talk to says the Amazon was a fragile, low dmg class, and was basically a glass cannon class even more than the D1 Rogue was. Granted I am just taking their word for it, but this is what almost every serious d2 player has said that i have discoursed with. And almost every PvP video ive watched of them, they were getting eaten alive by Barbs, much in the same way that Warrior usually beats Rogue on D1 - though that isnt saying a whole lot since D1 PvP is clearly more balanced in general.

All I have to say is...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Gearing up for release - by Magicbag - 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Frag - 04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Magicbag - 04-04-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by FireIceTalon - 04-04-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Mavfin - 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Lissa - 04-08-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Gearing up for release - by FireIceTalon - 04-07-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by FireIceTalon - 04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Lissa - 04-08-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by FireIceTalon - 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: Gearing up for release - by Lissa - 04-08-2012, 09:49 PM