Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-08-2012, 08:48 AM)RedRadical Wrote: One spell that I like to use on Wiz that I rarely see people try out is Arcane Nova. Does REALLY big dmg, and its great for both a single target or AoE effect. I guess it's not as fancy or aesthetic as the typical Disintegrate or RoF users that you see all the time in pubbies, but it does quite a bit more dmg in general, and with the Galvanizing Ward passive it is quite efficient in terms of resource management, since normally Arcane Orb is very resource demanding. Venom Hydra and Blizzard are a pretty lethal combo for big crowds, at least in nightmare. My Wiz just started hell, so I will find out soon enough how effective it is there.

Arcane Nova works well, and since various Arcane Orb builds are quite common, I don't understand your snide comments. The problem with Arcane Nova is as you mentioned the fact that it's a huge resource hog. I assume you meant Astral Presence rather than Galvanizing Ward, which doesn't have anything to do with AP. However, that's not enough to offset the AP problems. And that's the problem. If you start having to add in Prodigy or Power Hungry or both to give you enough AP to use it properly, then you end up giving up a lot in the process. I used Arcane Nova for a long time and then finally gave Tap the Source a try to lower the resource cost and breathed a great sigh of relief. Tap the Source orbs may not have the radius of Arcane Nova orbs, but they are far more spammable and I've found them to be much more effective in fights.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by MongoJerry - 06-08-2012, 09:51 AM