US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
(07-02-2012, 06:38 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Hard as it may be to believe, that was actually a serious question Tongue. Watching movies as a youngster I for the longest time had trouble figuring out what that phrase was supposed to mean.
Compared it health care, teeth are fairly predictable, so dental insurance is cheap. Having good dental coverage is pretty normal, although IMHO it's been eroded over the past ten years by money grubbing accountants.

Case in point, I had some pain in a tooth, so I scheduled an emergency visit. My dentist did a minor inspection on the tooth in question, and found a filling was coming loose. No big deal, we scheduled a follow up to have it replaced 3 weeks later. The minor inspection was $100, and the insurance company paid it. During the next visit the dentist did a more extensive inspection of all my teeth this time, and corrected the loose filling. This time, the insurance company wouldn't cover the inspection, since they thought they had just covered one 3 weeks earlier. For lots of reasons, I ended up eating the $100, not the least of which is that it was small enough to not be worth anyone's time to haggle about. The insurance company has "rules" about how often they will pay claims, whereas dental care may not fit easily into their reimbursement check lists. The accountants will congratulate themselves on saving themselves $100, while the dentist and I fume about how hard it is to categorize care.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by kandrathe - 07-02-2012, 01:34 PM