Attention: Battle.net security breach
(08-10-2012, 04:12 AM)shoju Wrote: It's times like this that I wish that I could remove my battle.net account. I don't play WoW, I don't have any plans to come back to wow, and I don't play either of the other b.net tied titles.
Go in to your account -- associate it with some e-mail you hardly use (hotmail, or gmail perhaps). Edit your account information to remove anything you can -- like active credit cards, addresses, name, etc. Change your password to something impossible to guess, then write it on a note card, tape your authenticator to it. Put them in a safe place and forget about them.

If you ever change your mind some day (bequeath your characters to your kids, or grandkids), you can resurrect your battle.net account. If it does somehow get compromised while you are away, there is nothing they can do with it unless they go so far as to tie it to another credit card.

Or, you can e-mail privacy@blizzard.com from the address associated with your account to make the request.

Note that this will still not "delete" your account, but it will permanently remove your identifying information from it. It will still exist (as will your characters, etc.), but they will not be accessible to you or anyone else either.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attention: Battle.net security breach - by kandrathe - 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM