The Individual Vs. The State, An Unusual Case
(10-04-2012, 07:32 AM)eppie Wrote: Now after several years, with all the information we have know and the statements that have been made by people involved I just cannot understand that there are still people defending this WMD story.

I can understand that people are still defending debunked information. People don't believe the holocaust happened, people don't believe we landed a man on the moon (well 12 men have walked on it). There are people that believe in a god, there are people that don't. People are very good at creating a reality that they find comfortable. It's actually impressive to be able to selectively believe things, it takes a good filter to remove all the counter information, or invent fallacies.

Basically I'm just saying that people believe in things where it is much easier to provide observable facts that are counter to their belief. It should be fairly easy to understand why people believe that the WMD excuse was legit. People believe what they want, right or wrong. You can change people's mind, you can educate people but you will never reach everyone. I'm not sure there is a single fact that you could get the entire population of a country to agree on. I'm sure I could find someone who doesn't believe in gravity if you give me enough time, and that I wouldn't be able to change their mind. I work at a university, I get to see on a daily basis how narrow minded otherwise highly educated people can be.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Individual Vs. The State, An Unusual Case - by Kevin - 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM