Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up
So I've played a good bit further into my character now and I feel I've gotten as far as I can go as an Evasion Ranger without serious grinding to get the best of the best gear.

I know Shoju has had some misgivings of the abilities of Evasion as a defensive stat, but even coming full-on to the wall I've hit I still feel Evasion is fine. The problem with Evasion isn't a problem with Evasion at all. It's a problem with Life as it stands now. I don't see any reason why one would choose to play a Life based character when they have the option to go ES/CI. Let's break it down:

-ES is more readily available and in greater amounts than health on items giving you a much greater base pool which, in turn, gives your % nodes a much larger payout and point for point makes those nodes more effective than health % nodes.

-For a single point not too far from CI you can turn all of your life steal so that it works on your ES.

-ES/CI effectively gives you free potions just by retreating from combat for a short time.

-A second effect of this is that it frees up all of your potion slots that would have otherwise been used for health potions. Full Quicksilver? Go for it!!

-ES not only gives greater pay-outs for effective health, it does so more efficiently when it comes to stat allocation on items.

There is a serious issue that permeates through all Life-based defenses in the game right now and it's not an easy fix as far as I can see. If I were to break it right down the easiest way to bring things back into balance is to just get rid of the node that allows you to allocate your life leach towards ES. ES already has free built-in super potions, the ability to leach into it as well is a bit ridiculous.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life in 1.10f and how the bandit rewards stack up - by Chesspiece_face - 07-09-2013, 11:28 PM