Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it?
(10-31-2013, 05:48 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I guess I'm just one of those people that doesn't accept an "accepted fact" at face value. There is much cognitive dissonance in the "more eco than thou" crowd, when it comes to justifying their "you should do what I do" campaigns.

You have the right to believe anything you want but please don't play 'I don't believe the accepted facts' crap trying to make yourself look like some hero of common sense.
As it is now 90% of humanity doesn't want to 'believe these facts' because the don't want to feel guilty. So the people that do believe are a minority. Of course also the greenhouse effect is believed by a small group (by coincidence most serious scientist fall in this group Smile ) but that doesn't make it less true.

I think discussing based on how many people believe a certain thing is not a very wise thing to do.

Again you are right that the "more eco than thou" crowd, when it comes to justifying their "you should do what I do" campaigns is often wrong about things... but you are discussing with me and not with them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it? - by eppie - 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM