Longtime Firefox user. I hate it now.
(05-19-2014, 11:47 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Firefox was one of the few browsers that wasn't completely terrible. It was never that good, but compared to IE, it was great.

Sadly, it seems like every browser wants to be a wannabe chrome, and guess what happened? I switched to Chrome. I was sick of being in a rush and needed quick web access, then Firefox demanded it be updated or some other crap nobody cares about, not to mention the rapid release format which is probaly one of the most pathetic attempts at feigning extra development, as if its users were morons and easily impressed by big numbers. Extensions would always get broken because of this and that defeated the saving grace of the browser. And it's been increasingly slow because of the bloat, and don't tell me anything about too many extensions, since this has happened on fresh installs across many systems.

I was a fairly late adopter of FireFox, but I was a fan of it due to it's speed. Past tense.

The last release before this Chrome Clone look was IMO pretty bad, I was noticing more bloat and sluggishness.

It seems a bit better, but yeah, it might as well just say '...people, just use Chrome okthnxbai.'

Quote: I now recommend Chrome, a pretty bad browser because nobody at Google knows the difference between a good interface and their ass aside from their original search engine (just look at the mess Youtube is now), but still not as horrific. The Firefox I knew is dead.

Yep. Chrome is not that bad, but not really that great either IMO. But with the current level of competition, sorta makes it a winner by default.

And IE is great! I used it to download Firefox and Chrome so...Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Longtime Firefox user. I hate it now. - by DeeBye - 05-19-2014, 03:03 AM
RE: Longtime Firefox user. I hate it now. - by Hammerskjold - 05-20-2014, 12:27 AM