New computer build time? Or hold off?
(02-03-2015, 05:43 AM)DeeBye Wrote: The Corsair 230T case seems pretty nice on first impressions. There is tons of room in it, and a bunch of spots for huge fans if I might need them. The case has one big fan up front, and the H60 liquid CPU cooler has a big one in the back. It looks like they are set up for good airflow front-to-back, and directly across the video card. The GTX 970 is a big card, but it feels surprisingly light. My old AMD 4890 is about the same size, but was a lot heavier.

Looks good and clean looking.

Quote:edit: I still haven't decided on what game I should play to break it in. What is the most graphically demanding (yet fun) game out there right now?

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/181849...the-future

But it's a hacked version though, so you'd be haxxor if you "play" it. Tongue

Favourite quote from the link:

Quote:...K-putt has a pretty beefy gaming rig, and yet it could only muster 2 fps when running at 8K resolution.

edited ps, on a more cereal mode. I think gaming at 1080 p will still be around for awhile longer, and the benefit of more powerful GPUs for gaming will be speed and smoothness overall. But IMO the 'MOAR REZ!' thing does hit a pretty solid wall of diminishing return after a certain viewing distance and application.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by Hammerskjold - 02-03-2015, 11:12 PM