US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
Rainbow 
(07-07-2015, 07:22 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Lets put it this way, it is a word I am not comfortable using, and I get uneasy if not straight up offended when that word is used, regardless of its context.

Being offended is almost never useful. Look at how you reacted to kandrathe's sarcasm (which I assume you didn't parse as such). He wasn't even talking about what you thought he was talking about when he said "moochers."

Quote:What if that is indeed the case Lemming?

Then you would be wise to read discourse with much more caution. I'm simply curious because it is such prevalent trait that it's actually causing you difficulty in conversation.

Quote: But what if the answer is yes, then what? ... However, at the same time, I doubt I would ever be comfortable or trusting enough of anyone here to share or express that information should that be the case.

Stigma's a bitch, innit? says the gay person raised by an actual insane person.

Quote: Let me ask you a serious question here, and I want you to be completely honest here, if I held more mainstream, acceptable, less radical views, would you still consider me a "crackpot"? Is anyone with a Marxist (or any radical viewpoint in general, for that matter) automatically a crackpot in your eyes? Ok, that was two questions, but I am truly curios.

As I told you before, you could be going on about having proven P = NP instead.

-Lem

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by LemmingofGlory - 07-08-2015, 04:20 AM