Ever see act1 Rogue townie in Cow Level?
v1.10 uswest ladder2 game, classic, playing game after Diablo kill (you just have to rejoin the game after the Diablo kill timer boots everyone out).

I killed everything on the cow level with my Chippydin and then brought in my Find Item horking barb for grins (only player in game)... when he entered the cow portal I noticed a rogue standing nearby and did a WTF?!

After reassuring myself that I didn't have a hireling I took a screenshot (I should have brought up the party screen and hired a rogue so you could see "for sure" that the rogue was a townie).

I then spent some minutes trying to herd a chicken into the cow portal (with the expected "nope, doesn't go through" result, of course) while thinking about this.

I'm torn between thinking:

a. the game put a wandering rogue in the cow level post clear, as an easter egg unknown to me
b. the rogue got "sucked in" to the cow level due to sloppy coding and a race condition when my barb entered the red portal
c. the rogue happened to walk into the cow portal by chance

I only credit "c." as remotely possible because I've seen act 3 townie sorcs wander out into the wilderness.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Ever see act1 Rogue townie in Cow Level? - by Crystalion - 09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Ever see act1 Rogue townie in Cow Level? - by lfd - 09-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Ever see act1 Rogue townie in Cow Level? - by Guest - 09-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Ever see act1 Rogue townie in Cow Level? - by dta - 09-04-2004, 11:34 AM