Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get?
Fragbait,Feb 27 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:Conclusion:
The more monsters are targeted, and the more they move, the less efficient Hydra is. But if there are <5 monsters, and they don't run around too frantically, Hydra is a hell of a killer!
In every case, the statements concerning the tactical value of Hydra are seconded once more.
[right][snapback]69190[/snapback][/right]
First, thank's for correcting me. All the good d2 sites are in a language I don't understand, so I must have had some +skills in there somewhere or something.

Next off, if there are <5 monsters that don't run around too franticaly, hydra is not always a hell of a killer. Unlike normal firebolt, Hydra is limited by its very own AI, and since all 3 heads will probably hit different people, you have to take into account monster regeneration and massive fire resists on most monsters. I originally had some technical information to back it up, but that was scrapped because I know people at the Lurker Lounge are generally above average people and know what I'm talking about.

The damage from hydra increases with <5, but it is also decreased by the regeneration, so I think that hydra is actually better as a sniper and as a pseudo meteor. If you use hydra on mephisto with the moat trick, all the bolts will usually hit, so you have a MAJOR damage inflictor there.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.

Messages In This Thread
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by Sirbub - 02-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by Doc - 02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by whathuh - 02-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by Doc - 02-20-2005, 05:17 AM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by whathuh - 02-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by Casperi - 02-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by Fragbait - 02-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Hydra dmg. Hiow good can it get? - by whathuh - 02-27-2005, 07:11 PM