AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
(07-21-2010, 02:09 PM)RTM Wrote:
(07-21-2010, 05:02 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I routinely see people posting cut gems for 20-50g below the going prices for the uncut gems.

Momsgem!!! Angry *shakes fist*

I got into a conversation with someone who was doing the same thing awhile back. I tried to explain that you could sell the gem for 50g more than what they posted it at if they would only undercut by 1g instead of 50g. Their reason for undercutting by so much boiled down to the fact that they are a nice guy selling them for so cheap. So I bought them out and posted them at "regular" price. I guess that makes me a jerk. A rich jerk, though. Smile

I see the same thing in the Inscription market, although the major players there are generally better about undercutting by smaller amounts. I especially get a chuckle out of the guy advertising his services in /trade with a macro that reads along the lines of, "[Inscription] looking for work. All glyphs 1g. Overpricing is overrated." You can't even make glyphs for 1g after factoring in the herb cost. He is losing money.

This is me, for both JC and Inscription. =) I don't flood the market, I usually don't sell much of anything. I just want some quick cash for <insert new shiny thing here>, put up my auctions, snag the cash in an hour and then go get whatever shiny thing caught my attention. I maybe put stuff on the AH one or two days every few months. I really don't care about stockpiling a lot of gold. I just don't see the point in the game; it's just not a focus for me. I just want to have enough to be able to go get the new shiny quickly. =)

I got into a HUGE discussion about it in trade because someone was offering a fairly low tip just to cut a gem using their mats. I cut it for him since I was there anyway. He tipped me twice what he advertised in trade. I was happy. He was happy. Trade gave both he and I grief because OMG! UNDERCUTTING MY PROFIT! I saw him asking for that cut for about 10 minutes (I wasn't on my JC when he started asking). If they were really concerned about profit, they would have just done it anyway. No AH fee, no time beyond a minute at most, it's not your mats you're burning, there's no cooldown burned. Pure profit so you really shouldn't expect hundreds of gold for just a tip. And apparently the concept of still just being nice to folks and helping someone out because you can, easily, at no risk to you is completely foreign.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by Treesh - 07-21-2010, 02:48 PM