AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
(07-21-2010, 02:09 PM)RTM Wrote:
(07-21-2010, 05:02 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I routinely see people posting cut gems for 20-50g below the going prices for the uncut gems.

I got into a conversation with someone who was doing the same thing awhile back. I tried to explain that you could sell the gem for 50g more than what they posted it at if they would only undercut by 1g instead of 50g. Their reason for undercutting by so much boiled down to the fact that they are a nice guy selling them for so cheap. So I bought them out and posted them at "regular" price. I guess that makes me a jerk. A rich jerk, though. Smile

The undercutting by a ton isn't really the thing that gets me though. What baffles me is the people that come along next and instead of buying them out and reposting them at the higher cost they just start undercutting from there. These are people that are obviously heavily invested in the gem market. They post gems every day and when they undercut they do so by 25s. This is their way of making gold, and they fail at it totally.

If I come along early enough in the chain I'll buy out one or two gems and repost them because I know they will sell. But if I get there too late and the "players" have all posted undercuts below that I'm not buying out eight gems just to get the cuts back to being profitable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM