Game Guide - Skill Calculator and Items
(09-16-2011, 02:43 AM)Frag Wrote: The Dancing Wizardess. A silly little theory about how attractive you can make auto-attack, the spec features a defensive buff (Crimson Energy Armor for +20% Defenses and +180% Resistances), an offensive buff (+20% damage done and +45% life leech from Alabaster Magic Weapon), three defensive cooldowns (Golden Slow Time for permanent 'immunity' to projectiles, Obsidian Teleport for permanent -25% damage taken, and Crimson Diamond Skin for a Get Out of Jail Free Card) and Obsidian Arcane Orb for heavy melee pbaoe'ing and to make sure you have something spend Arcane Power on, also can be prebuffed. Passives reinforce the theme, granting -20% melee damage taken, cooldowns reduced by 20%, and an open spot, currently inhabited by 30 AP on Healing Orb. As you can see from the listed abilities it does not appear Blizzard has put in an actual melee attack, even by runestoning, for the Wizard, thus leaving you with Arcane Orb pbaoe and auto-attacking, albeit a somewhat sexy auto-attack: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...aVe!ZccabZ

Took a look at this one.

This seems to mix two ways to play, and I think it would be best to focus on one or the other.

The two I see are:
1) You are the bomb
teleport in with the damage reduction, drop the Arcane PBAOE and run away if needed.
In this playstyle, magic weapon is not really needed, and I'd replace those with something that enhances the bomb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...UVf!cccaaa

In this case you'd gain some dynamo charges with shock pulse, pre-buff orb, teleport in, buff up diamond and lay down a twister to accentuate the orb explosions, then shock pulse fishing for corpse explosions. Loss of slow time means it lacks an escape mechanism, so if that becomes an issue you could replace twister. I wouldn't replace shock pulse, as the whole build kind of centers around passive buff, then unleash, which seems to synergize very well with the arcane dynamo passive.
Ice armor / alabaster further accentuates the 'I am the bomb' playstyle.

2) Melee wiz
this would seem to favor teleport more as an escape mechanism, which would amost certainly favor the alabaster rune. Slow time can be runed to offer similar protection as diamond skin and I think these become an either / or, which frees a slot for what seems like the best melee sorc synergy, golden runed hydra... tank in the firewall.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...aVe!bcaacZ
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by RTM - 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 02:43 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Concillian - 09-23-2011, 09:14 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM