Ever wonder where some stats come from?
(12-06-2011, 08:48 AM)cheezz Wrote: I neither justify, applaud, nor whimper about anything to do with breaking traffic laws. I understand full well action and consequence. My point is that NO ONE should let ANYONE take advantage of themselves because they feel guilty about something.

So, somehow, accepting your speeding ticket when you actually were speeding is being taken advantage of because you feel guilty about having been speeding?

You suggested that people who paid their speeding fines instead of fighting them on the grounds that the police didn't really have admissible evidence were 'being scammed'. You tried to clarify that it was only because the speeders had not taken any oaths to uphold the law but the police had.

If you do the deed, feeling guilty about it should be a natural consequence, along with accepting the legal consequences. That doesn't qualify as 'being taken advantage of'.

Now if we were discussing pleading guilty to speeding when we were not speeding because we felt guilty about the illegal turn we took just before that, I would be right there with you.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by ShadowHM - 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM