Ever wonder where some stats come from?
I do think you are misguided on this issue.

(12-07-2011, 10:45 AM)cheezz Wrote: You can call this lawyering all you want, but legally speaking- no proof, no crime.

I will go with calling this rules lawyering. And while you may feel that the rules lawyering is justifiable, I disagree. The laws (on speeding, in this case) were created for a reason (public safety, in this case), and getting out of the consequences of breaking them because of the way they were written is still circumventing the intent and purpose of them.

I am having trouble understanding why you would persist in defending this.

Quote:The police are not allowed to break the laws in order to enforce them

Agreed.

Quote:giving them permission to break laws just because you did serves no one.

But what has this to do with paying a speeding ticket when you were actually speeding? I fail to see how this is tantamount to 'giving them permission to break laws'.

I may well have misunderstood your explanation, but all I am seeing is that if the officer doesn't fill in the form correctly with the evidence that the form requires then you don't have to pay the fine for speeding. I am not seeing any rationale for them to not stop you in the first place (because, yanno, you were speeding). What law are they breaking by doing that?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by ShadowHM - 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM