Ever wonder where some stats come from?
As I have said, I have no issue if I am caught fair and square. The problem is that if they fabricate their evidence, I have only one of two choices I can make. I can plead guilty, which while morally right puts my personal stamp of approval on their lawlessness; or I can plead innocence and get the ticket dismissed, thereby proving that their actions were wrong. Even after that, there are no repercussions for them anyway. The system is set up to proclaim one party right and one party wrong. There are no allowances for both parties being wrong. Worse, one party can be punished for being wrong but the other one can't.

You have to understand, I have spent most of my life in Washington county, PA. It can best be described as urban sprawl meets the country. Some townships and municipalities have their own police, some don't. Some don't have a big enough tax base to support a police force so you can guess what happens- They may not exist to write tickets, but they do write tickets to exist. In twenty years of driving I have been railroaded twice. In both cases, I had physical proof that they could not have timed anybody. In one I had a witness as well. Neither cop actually knew if anyone was speeding. One was handing out tickets at random like candy and the other was fishing for drunks. (wasn't drunk, so he had to invent a reason to legalize his stop) Both cops were from forces known
for funding themselves with fine money and didn't bother to show up for court.

Time for bed, I need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for yet another lythotripsy.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by cheezz - 12-09-2011, 08:55 AM