Lurker Lounge Podcast - Episode 1 is Live.
The ending for this episode was a bit sudden. Part of that was probably a miscalculation on editing from me. I focused a lot more on editing in this episode and it's possible that I cut a little too much of the break out at the end so it felt sudden. Another part of that was that I originally planned to branch out and expand the talk to other games this episode but the Diablo 3 talk went on for longer than I anticipated so those topics were put on hold until next week.

I'm not really sure what to do when it comes to the video/audio for the YouTube productions. A large part of me is inclined to keep background gameplay as a part of it, but I don't want that to distract from the main content. We can already see some negativity in the YouTube comments from this episode regarding the Path of Exile footage being played with predominantly D3 talk (again part of this is a mistake on my part. I originally had a caption labling the video as from Path of Exile but after multiple editing problems the caption was lost). It would be easy to just dismiss this as expected internet trollery but I also question if a more simple backdrop would be better, or if it would just make the whole production look lazy and in fact make it less interesting.

I definitely want to release these as basic mp3s at some point and when I do figure out how best to do that there will be a direct download. This is one of the reasons that setting up for iTunes is so complicated at the moment. Any podcast through iTunes is hosted independantly. I'm looking into the free podcast hosting options but I'm not sure yet what sort of limitations those services have. Barring that, cost starts to come into question as well as issues of bandwidth etc. The raw file size of one of these episodes in mp3 format is anywhere from 40-90mb so there are a lot of things to take into account.

We shall see. On the upside the quality of the audio should continue to improve and hopefully we will all be able to keep coming up with interesting stuff to talk about. =D

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lurker Lounge Podcast - Episode 1 is Live. - by Chesspiece_face - 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM