Arcane Wizard
I really like the idea behind this build. Movement, control, and slow on damage seems like a strong combination to me. I also want to say that I love that you gave your reasoning behind the choices. Drives me crazy when people post a build, but give none of their reasoning.

When I first read this I was thinking that you could get away with the smaller radius on Arcane Orb since there is no cooldown and so you can cast multiple ones to bring down a group. I've been rethinking this though. I was focusing too much on the damage side with that train of thought. Now I think you want to keep the larger radius so you can use it as a control skill. Throw one orb and slow a huge section. So I like your choice there.

For some reason Energy Twister feels weird to me, but I can't figure out anything better either. In the end, I think I've decided it will work out alright. I just worry about the control with such a spell. I think with all the slow that it will work though. I can see slowing a group with Orb then spamming a couple Twisters through them to wipe them out. I realize you were thinking of it more as single target, but it can do both I think.

I've not played any beta either, but I do wonder if Astral Flux will be required. I feel like you already have more AP gain from Magic Missile and you aren't using Meteor or Blizzard which look to be the higher casting spells. Though 35 on Orb and Twister isn't exactly cheap. I just wonder if something like Unstable Anomaly wouldn't be better as a hardcore player.

Overall I feel like I'm knit picking and that your build is pretty solid.

Messages In This Thread
Arcane Wizard - by MongoJerry - 05-14-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Arcane Wizard - by swirly - 05-14-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Arcane Wizard - by MongoJerry - 05-15-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: Arcane Wizard - by MonTy - 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM