Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(05-31-2012, 01:11 AM)FoxBat Wrote: I pack alot of healing, such that globes and pots were my backup rather than main sources. Haven't played Barbarian yet but my understanding is their healing is attached to particular skills and runes, and it's more or less essential that you carry some.

I tried the Revenge skill. I was not having fun with that skill. Don't like the mechanics of it. Not going to switch to it. If that alone makes the class unviable in Hell+, it's Blizzard's fault and their design is SORELY lacking.

If only a handful of builds are viable, that's epic fail at the design level.

We were promised by developers that D3 would be simple to play, but rich with tactical options. That seems to be the case through the first two difficulty levels, but starts breaking down later, more so the farther you go. There is a core math deficiency, with too much monster damage output (especially spiking with certain boss mobs) combined with not enough health recovery. OK, so maybe a couple of builds do have the health recovery. We're all to adopt these cookie cutter builds and everybody's toon looks the same? That isn't what I signed up for, and I'll be damned if I accept THAT answer happily or quietly. They talked up this product. Where's the beef?

- Sirian

(05-31-2012, 01:21 AM)Athenau Wrote: What's your definition of "viable"?

Did you read the first post?

I described my experiences and conclusions in some detail.

- Sirian

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Sirian - 05-31-2012, 01:28 AM