Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-16-2012, 10:52 PM)Lissa Wrote: Mongo, you're evidently forgetting things because SF was capped before LoD (either 10% or 25% across all levels). I remember the cries about the change on the forums as you literally could not SF to kill everything anymore. And likewise, never trust patch notes to cover everything the patch "fixed". If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone find something that wasn't listed in the patch notes, I would have several thousand dollars. So, unless you stayed off B.net prior to the SF cap, you're not remember things are you think.

No, Lissa. Again, I actually played a SF/Orb sorceress obsessively for almost a year. People complained when the distance formula was fixed. Do you remember how the distance formula had a sign error in it that created a four-pointed star shape that reached across most of the screen with only a single point (plus maybe a few +all skills points) in it? When they fixed the sign error, the distance seemed to shrink to a comparatively miniscule amount, so all those sorceresses who were used to killing screenfuls of mobs while running around with 1 point in Static Field suddenly found themselves in trouble. In my case, it didn't really affect me, because my sorceress was already at a high enough level that I didn't know what to do with my extra skill points anyway, so I just threw them into Static Field to raise the radius back up again and I continued to level like nothing had happened. The damage was not capped until LOD came out.

(I do have a vague memory that perhaps they did fix something so that lightning resistance affected static field, which meant that it took an extra second to kill Diablo in 8-player hell).

Quote:This is why I think Blizzard's QA is worse. They had a lot of time to look at things and they didn't.

You have to complete the sentence: Blizzard's QA is worse than... what? In this thread, you were saying that Blizzard's QA was worse than it was at the time of the launch of D2 and LOD, and I think I can speak for the majority here by saying that we are laughing wholeheartedly at such a ridiculous notion. If you are now saying, "Well, Blizzard's QA is worse than Bioware's QA at the time of the launch of ME3," you're starting a new discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-17-2012, 05:30 AM