Entering Hell, need to tweak my build...
(07-14-2012, 08:56 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Nearing the end of HC nightmare for my wizard, so it might be time to reevaluate stuff. Frozen elite enemies would be a great hazard unless I can insert mirror images in here.

As Mr. Miyagi says, "Best block - no be there." Teleporting away to a safe spot is a good counter to Frozen. If you get caught anyway, there's a good chance the mobs will attack your duplicates while you're Frozen. Plus, the mobs will also be snared by your Blizzard and probably won't catch up to you anyway.

Quote:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...adW!ZbYbab

I noted that with the snowbound rune, everything consumes so little mana that I could use cold blooded for even more slowing. Illusionist is so that I can panic teleport away more readily. I'm also not sure how much diamond skin will hold, though it's been very valuable lately. I will of course get force armor or the last one.

Edit: Wait, so Blizzard doesn't benefit from cold blooded by itself? I'm getting contradicting answers from searching. In that case, temporal flux seems like a nice option once I get seeker.

Dunno about Cold Blooded. I haven't used it. Experiment with it on and off and see if the damage numbers coming off Blizzard change. I wouldn't bother with Illusionist, as it'll be rare in nightmare and hell that you'll take a full 15% from a single hit. I'd use Evocation instead, which has the side benefit of helping your Diamond Skin as well.

You already have a strong slow with Blizzard, so there's no need for Temporal Flux. If Cold Blooded doesn't work, then consider Astral Presence, Galvanizing Ward, Glass Cannon or Arcane Dynamo.

Finally, I usually see Blizzard/Hydra wizards use some form of lightning signature spell. Electrocute - Lightning Blast or Chain Lightning and Shock Pulse - Piercing Orb seem popular.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering Hell, need to tweak my build... - by MongoJerry - 07-14-2012, 11:08 PM