1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
Demon Hunters have been nerfed over and again; so far, I have managed to dodge every bullet Tongue No DPS loss as I was not exploiting IAS (it was obviously going to be nerfed quickly), but my DPS is pretty pathetic anyway.

Between Elites I still cannot kill and my continuing inability to get reasonable drops, I have had enough. Perhaps the next patch will make the game fun, but for the moment I honestly cannot find a single positive about it. Hopefully Torchlight 2 is better and able to scratch this itch for me.

I feel like a complete idiot. I thought by searching for items on the auction house, I could just go to the latter pages and see the low-end costs. Apparently not. I thought there was not a single item for sale below hundreds of millions of gold. I tried setting the maximum buyout to 100,000... holy crap, affordable upgrades, and here I am with 400,000 to splurge!

In minutes, I doubled my DPS at a minor cost of life and resistances. I have not seen an enrage timer since, get my five stacks in next to no time, then have plenty of time to spare for actually using that. With magic/rare items out the wazoo, I was finally getting good drops (oddly enough). I have even upgraded two items from those drops (nothing fantastic, but +dex and +vit on higher armour is an upgrade!) bringing my life back up to where it was Big Grin

I have noticed an odd bug while farming. I have seen many Elite groups where their attributes were not listed. They were tossing mortars or whatever, but their life bar/title was the same as any other creature. Purely cosmetic, but adds some nasty surprises.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by Elric of Grans - 06-20-2012, 06:46 AM