US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
I'm really torn on what I think of this bill.

Part of me thinks that "taxing" people for not having health care is a terrible idea. It sounds like a good idea, but if you are taxing them, it increases their burden, which means that it becomes harder to get to a position where they can afford health care.

But the other part of me, is husband to a type 1 diabetic, who has had the disease for 22 years. I know the costs, and I know how painful it is when the insurance company tells us that it's a pre-existing condition, and that we have to languish through a year with their insurance racking up super awesome bills before they will allow her to join their diabetes advantage program. With this new bill, that pain is lessened.

I don't know, I'm just not a big fan of the "tax / fine / pay money" because I can't afford to get insurance, so now I have to pay you more of the money that I don't already have.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by shoju - 06-28-2012, 06:25 PM