D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again.
Act 2 with my current gear wasn't TOO bad until towards the end (ZK and Belial were very large barriers to overcome). It wasn't easy, but it was doable, and I didn't die often enough that I had to go back to A1 to farm for repairs. If I came across a pack that was simply too much, I re-rolled the game, and I think I completed it in a pretty reasonable amount of time. A3 is a different story, however. EVERY elite pack is just ball busting, and while Act 2 gets progressively harder, Act 3 is very hard right from the get-go. With Act 2, I was able to farm just enough to be able to buy an upgrade here and there on the GAH, and I was lucky even to find one or two along the way. That, and with my weapon purchase on the RMAH is what helped me get through Act 2. The upgrades needed for A2 were still within my grasp. But now, the upgrades I need to get through A3 reasonably are simply too expensive, even for things that would be only a very miniscule improvement for what I already have. And with real gold now being able to be bought on the RMAH, I'm afraid the problem is only going to get worse. Sure you could purchase a blue weapon with over 800 dps on the GAH if you look hard enough, but we all know blue items in general are trash, and DPS isn't everything. You have to gear for defense too, and it just isnt feasible to do with blue items really. That auction I won on the RMAH made a HUGE difference in my progression through Act2 - it went from being tedious and almost unplayable to something much more reasonable. But I wouldn't have been able to buy such a weapon on the GAH - it would have probably cost at least 10 million gold easily, if not more (ilvl 63 wand with 7 stats and 883 DPS). Every now and again, you may see something nice for a million, but I've never had anything more than around 900,000 at once anyway, and even if I did, do I really want to spend all my gold on one purchase? Especially when I need a reserve for the outrageous repair bills that I will have to foot? Nope, I dont, since it would be economically unwise to do so.

I don't bash this game for the sake of ranting....I do so because I waited ages for it, and I REALLY want to like and play it, and because I paid for it. Nor would I even say I hate the game. I think hate is too strong of a word in this case. I do hate alot of the mechanics in it, but I think overall the game has incredible potential, which is what makes it even more frustrating to me. Many of the people who complain do so because they WANT to like the game as much as those who already do. Part of the problem could be me, in the sense that maybe I just played TOO much already, and should have spread out leveling my chars more. I've already reached 60 on every class and have well over 450 hours logged on (though probably a third of that amount was doing countless Imprisoned Angel/Butcher Inferno runs on my Wiz - runs that had very little to show for - it was almost all trash to vendor or sell on the GAH to buy an upgrade for me from the GAH, fun fun fun...barfs)....it has taken its toll on me for sure, but this is separate from the in-game issues.

(07-13-2012, 09:21 PM)RTM Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 07:29 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Yea, I made a purchase on the RMAH, because to progress I was FORCED to.

hahaha, thanks for the chuckle!

Mhm, we will see how much chuckling you do when you are in A3 Inferno. I've seen so far you have completed A1 only....which is a cake walk compared to A3 or even A2. And looking at your items, I very much doubt you found most of those yourself - it is easy to tell you have used the AH extensively, and with only 48 hours logged on that char, I will know you are lying if you say otherwise. I'd even venture to say that it is probable you have made more purchases on the RMAH than I have (And certainly the GAH just as much) - since A). the items you have would cost much more in gold that would require MUCH more time spent farming than only 48 hours of playing time would net you, B). because the drop rates on ilvl 62-63 items with the kind of stats on your gear are astronomically low, and on MY gear, the odds are even lower, and C.) My WD has slightly more hours of time logged than yours, somewhat lesser gear than yours, though mine granted hasn't used the RMAH at all (but has used the GAH a fair bit). Of course, I could be totally wrong, and you could be a complete statistical outlier that just got really lucky and found all that gear in a short amount of time, but I highly doubt it. So, you are really in no place to do any laughing my friend. And I promise you come A3, you REALLY won't be doing any laughing then, especially if you try with the gear you have on now. My guess is you are somewhere in the first half of A2, and finding it a bit rough, am I correct?
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again. - by FireIceTalon - 07-13-2012, 09:32 PM