Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay...
The main issue, as I see it, isn't even being argued here. They took away a day's pay for a political event. Loss of a single day's pay can be enough to be the last straw in breaking a family's budget these days. They laid it off as being a safety issue but it was one they created, it does not compare to one caused by power outages or equipment failures or even collapses, all valid issues in a very dangerous industry.

Assuming it was all legal, the company did wrong by their employees. They should have paid them for the day and then this probably would not have made anyone's radar. The company endangered their employees' financial situations in the name of a political candidate that the company decided the employees should listen to (repercussions or not), for their own good. Not a decision belonging to the company. I would have been pissed too and I would have cried foul as well.

As someone that hates politics with a passion, I can't wait for the next two months to be over. The back and forth in this campaign is the worst crap (from all parties) I ever remember seeing, and it isn't even cranked up to 10 yet. Decisions aren't going to come down to who can I support but, rather, who will do the least harm. Angry
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay... - by LochnarITB - 09-09-2012, 04:34 PM