Diablo III - Reaper of Souls
The quintessential Action RPG needs to be foremost a very good platform for ROLE PLAYING. Blizzard misses it by driving everyone to the same uber equipment, and same uber build. Then ticks you off every so often by "rebalancing" the game and making your uber build crap, meaning you need to start all over again.

So, they need to rethink RPG. They need to rethink player motivation. The rat feeder bar thing only works for so long until the players figure out they are trapped in the endless maze.

I would like something they cannot do, rethink the game, with experience garnering skill or maybe even figuring out how they can put *real* skill into the combat system rather than a complex equation with dodge factors, and block factors. I'm not big on twitch type actioners with scripted leap puzzles, et al. But, perhaps we could handle just a tad more than left click to hit. How about revisiting letting players choose their own attribute distributions. If playing required more skill, then less would depend on build or equipment. A stupid build would still fail. Besides, it's embarrassing when a 20 year gaming veteran with wit, guile, and mad skillz get pwned by the gods of randomness.

Equipment needs to mean less and not be so class specific. Less stuff can drop then, and a treasure is really a treasure.

Mostly I'd like a reason for my character to care about risking their life on a daily basis fighting the minions of hell. Yet another Skull Crusher of Demise will not suffice.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by MonTy - 08-15-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by kandrathe - 08-15-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Aahzmadius - 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by MonTy - 08-15-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Aahzmadius - 08-15-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Frag - 08-21-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Frag - 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Frag - 08-21-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - by Frag - 08-21-2013, 09:21 PM