So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it)
To be honest, I don't blame Christianity on some of the horrors committed in its name (such as The Inquisition) anymore than one should blame the human suffering that took place in the former Soviet Union on Marxism, or the Nazi regime on Darwinism. It is silly to do so. Theoretical frameworks and ideologies don't hurt and kill people, just as guns and knives do not - people hurt and kill people. A lot of atheist historians will blame The Inquisition on Christianity, but I attribute its mass genocide and ethnocentric horrors to the material development of capitalism rather than the spreading of Old Testament values, as chock filled as it may be with genocide, despotism, slavery, oppression, and various other crimes against humanity.

My main problems with Christianity, and all religion as whole, are that it pacifies and divides us, and makes us believe in strange, unnatural things. Not to mention, it is extremely authoritarian, dogmatic, and I dont think it has or can have any material praxis in improving the human condition or society as a whole. That being said, I have met a number of very nice Christians, but that is a very different thing entirely.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it) - by FireIceTalon - 12-03-2013, 06:08 PM