Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it might be really good.
(02-28-2014, 01:54 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 03:03 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: And my wife insisted we see it in 3-D.
I really can't stand 3D.
That's two of us.

Even the effort of 3D did not make Avatar worth watching ... but I give them some credit for effort.

Quick Edit: This rant is in the context of 3D at cinemas, not a home theater system.
I concur that, regarding 3D, the media format leaves much to be desired.

I have two gripes with 3D. First, I barely notice the 3D effects over watching the movie in 2D so that extra $5 to $10 (depending on where you go) per person could best be spent on amenities such as popcorn and soda... or the parking space. When I say "barely notice the 3D", I'm not even remotely kidding here; I saw Deebye's post about it being a distraction, but never did I feel like objects were flying out at me. What bugs me the most about 3D in theaters is they turn the variance (the 3D effects) down so freaking low to accomodate for those who have trouble seeing 3D and those who suffer migraines after watching a 3D flick, that the 3D does not look 3D at all... a wasted form of media. If you want real 3D, get an Nvidia and tweak the variance to whatever depth you desire to really feel immersed in the 3D. As it stands now, I'll never bother wasting my cash on another 3D movie so long as the format continues in its current form.

Second, being in a dark room for that long, I often get a headache even without the 3D, but especially with the 3D technology they use, its about a 60% chance I'm going to walk out of the theater with a mild to moderate eye-strain headache. I don't get that with my 3D set at home, and I believe it has to do with external lighting from what I've read about ambient lighting in regards to watching television with the lights off. Here's a short interesting article about it which says it might or might not be true based on available scientific data, but for me I can confirm watching tv in the dark gives me a headache: link
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it might be really good. - by Taem - 02-28-2014, 02:32 AM