Question about reverting Windows 10 back to 8.1
(12-28-2015, 06:34 PM)LavCat Wrote: Do you have a way of reading the EDID from the monitor? AMD offers a free software tool for this, perhaps other video card manufacturers do the same. I have an external box that can capture an EDID before it gets to the computer. The company is Gefen, though I understand you may not want to spend a lot on the solution.

If you're not keen on reading hex dumps, Gefen's software is a free download also, without purchasing the hardware. If you have an AMD card you can save the EDID data as a file to load into the Gefen software for a convenient display of the results.

As you may possibly have guessed I have been suffering a related situation to yours. My monitor, which is also DVI, connects via an HDMI adapter to a DAC, and the output of the DAC goes to the video card. One audio mode of the DAC is supported in the EDID, whether captured externally or by the AMD utility, but frustratingly does not show up as an option in Windows sound (Windows 7). Although so far it is only an issue when playing Blu-ray discs, as I do not (yet) have any high res audio files except for test samples. I've been beating my head against this problem for a while, which is why I wondered in my case if Windows 10 might help.

Edit: I should say the input of the DAC connects to the video card.

I understand some of these words.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about reverting Windows 10 back to 8.1 - by DeeBye - 12-29-2015, 05:26 AM