Autism, exploitation and Capitalism
Quote:Gee, maybe you can use your crystal ball and tell me not to go on the roads tomorrow since you can forsee the fatal car accident I will get into.

No prescience required. Just the ability to reason.

Quote:Um lol, they already have coexisted in similar ways.

In small numbers. The only reason they work is because the people in them want them to. It doesn't work when you throw in all the people that abhor communism.

Quote:Well, when the revolution pops off, I know what side of the barracks you will be on.

I'd love nothing more than to live in the society you dream about. I learnt a long long time ago though the futility of throwing everything into pointless crusades. I was once also naive and had big dreams. I was convinced that I and my fellow humanitarians could stop your country from constantly going to war, with our chants and signs and protests, all from halfway around the world. We broke into your army bases to spraypaint slogans which usually ended in arrests and lots of "falling down" while in custody of your MPs. We even tried stopping a state visit by whoever your Vice President was back in 92. Quayle I think. But war is never going to stop, so trying to end all war is a waste of time and energy. I still am very anti-war and I would never think of not trying to promote peace, and sometimes more peaceful minds prevail and some wars are averted, so I definitely don't believe in having a defeatist attitude to war. We all can make a difference.

Likewise I don't think you, or anyone else, should ever stop trying to fight for a better society and government. But again, I think your time and energy could be far better used to fight battles you can actually win, instead of the ones that nobody ever will.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by Tal - 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by LennyLen - 12-16-2016, 11:30 AM