Darkest Dungeon
(02-18-2017, 05:42 AM)Taem Wrote: Q: Is it wise to keep a select group of 4 favorite characters to level up and give trinkets to, and do suicide missions for the rest to earn some quick gold?

You'll want to broaden your roster and do the lowest level quests you can until you have a pool of characters able to rotate into higher missions. (Hint: train a couple more healers than you absolutely need...)

Trinkets can be removed and reassigned every run, so there's no need to worry about who to give them to, except tactics.

Quote:Q: Am I supposed to fail like 50-75% of the missions?

Seems a little high, but not totally crazy. Be conservative, do the missions you can accomplish rather than what you can attempt. It gets better as time goes on. Don't be afraid to retreat from combat or even the whole mission if the obvious alternative is a party wipe.

Quote:Q: How in the hell do you heal? I can't even count the times battle draws close to ending and I haven't even had time to heal with my cleric-types and the final monster perishes and nobody is healed yet...

Try to string out combats with stuns and heals, though the game will notice if you're doing this too much and punish you with a little stress, then a turn later, reinforcements. Nevertheless, a little sandbagging is a good idea, try to make sure each character has at least one ability that doesn't damage enemies.

Quote:Q: Is there any easy way to earn some gold to remove the Quirks? The "Stress" is already costly enough to deal with, but Quirks makes it so I'm constantly broke beyond broke, and leaves my heavy hitters out of most dungeon runs.

In the beginning, you just have to deal with being a little crazy. For quirks: I ignore quirks that don't cause me grief in dungeons (notably, I dislike the -mania ones that cause curio interactions). Once I'm in the midgame, and have a little bit of money to play with (you'll only have a lot at the very end), I try to deal with quirks before they become "locked in", because that makes them very expensive to remove. Locked in quirks, I just live with.

Once you can safely adventure in the Cove, bringing lots of medicinal herbs and hoping to find the coral that cures quirks can be a very effective method of treating mental illness. (Yeah, weird, but it works, and if you use it on someone with lots of locked in quirks, you can cure them for practically free.)

Quote:Q: How can you tell if a creature is UNHOLY or not?

It says on their stats when you mouse over them - eldritch, human, unholy, beast, etc...

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
Darkest Dungeon - by Taem - 02-18-2017, 05:42 AM
RE: Darkest Dungeon - by Jester - 02-18-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Darkest Dungeon - by Taem - 02-18-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Darkest Dungeon - by Jester - 02-19-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Darkest Dungeon - by Taem - 02-19-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Darkest Dungeon - by Jester - 02-20-2017, 11:54 AM