A sad, sad day for the Internet and our freedoms
(03-25-2017, 03:08 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Costs are not always implementation costs. Also, lost opportunity costs and competitive favoritism....

I always pegged you as a libertarian, advocating the rights of the individual, not spouting jargon supporting the privileged ultra rich and their constituents. Net neutrality has been talked to death on these forums so I know you're intimately aware of the potential negative repercussions this vote could have on the way we surf the net as consumers, from what we're allowed to see, to mom-and-pop websites not showing up on your computer because they didn't pay Time/Warner or Comcast $X dollars to have their site show up on your ISP. This vote doesn't change that, but if you read the article at all, it's perfectly clear that's where we're headed under the Trump administration! Your coyness is nothing short of disgusting, but I suppose everyone changes.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A sad, sad day for the Internet and our freedoms - by Taem - 03-27-2017, 12:50 AM