Some VANILLA Hellfire help? Staff of the MAGI
Hey guys 'n' gals, I'm not sure how many will see this question, but here it goes:

For the past month, I've been playing VANILLA Hellfire 1.00 (single & multi) and 1.01 (only single available) more than a reasonable person probably should...

... And I came across something I simply would LOVE advice on.

It is simple:

WHERE CAN WE FIND ANY "STAFF OF THE MAGI"?

Y'know, that Hellfire-only spell that is basically a Full Mana Potion, and occurs only on Staves.

Reading Jarulf's guide again and again, and checking EVERY source online out there, I could not find ANY special or distinctive information about how to farm for one.

From reading these resources, it seems to be understood that Adria should be able to sell them, like she does for EVERY other spell.

However, no matter how much I try, she simply WON'T sell it. Of any prefix. She just won't, period. I tried this mostly on Single Player Hellfire 1.01, in case that matters.

Any advice? I figured I would ask, because i.e. Jarulf's guide can sometimes be wrong or misleading, for example it doesn't tell you that Book of Apocalypse is Single Player only, since only Na-Krul drops it, and his dungeon is unavailable in Multi Player.

P.S.: Heck, I even got a 8-16 War Staff, "Bountiful Staff of Apocalypse", with perfect 36/36 castings from Adria, but just NO Magi-infused staff of ANY kind. Something is amiss.

I will try grinding Wirt with a Monk next, but man, something is just not right about this.

Messages In This Thread
Some VANILLA Hellfire help? Staff of the MAGI - by Red Hairdo - 01-10-2024, 02:17 PM