Battle.net condoning use of map hack?
I noticed something odd on the zeal pic on the areat summit. There were red crosses on the map. I talked to a few people in a chat room and one said that these crosses were on map hack, and showed where monsters are. Are blizzard going to add something like this to the new patch? Perhaps awarding people who have completed each quest with bonuses such as this for the act? I don't know, but it really has confused me :blink:
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
From my understanding the test mode/debugging mode that is commonly used in the QA for Diablo2 has always had a setting that would show up the monsters on the minimap. It used to be possible to set this up in MPQ-modding till it was disabled around patch 1.04 or 1.05 (iirc). The QA teams need to be able to spend their time testing against the monsters not running around trying to find them all the time. I just hope that part the testing is with same restrictions that the players will be under to see how frustrating some of the things that are set up will be.
Hee-hee, just kidding.

You must just be used to partying up with everyone else the second you join a game. Players who aren't in your party will show up red on the mini-map, no hack needed.

-rcv-

Edit: Okay, my bad. It seems that GF confirmed that the red "X"s in the screenshot were in fact monsters, displayed as a result of a setting in the development version debug mode.