Recommended reads
Quote:If you haven't finished the Amber series yet, I will warn you that you might be a little saddened by the fact that he died before he finished the story.

Finished them quite awhile ago, but he DID finish the two series within. The complete series may not have been finished, but the 10 books released as the Chronicles are complete, afaik. Tis a pity on his death, though. Sad to see his wishes (that the Amber series remain his, and his alone) ignored by those that control the rights (referring to the recent "Amber" book by Betancourt).
I love "The Gospels According to Jesus Christ" by Saramago. That one is definitely worth the read. Though I find the way he does dialogue rather annoying.
ergates,May 17 2003, 07:45 PM Wrote:Hi,

since I am a great fan of Iain (M.) Banks' books I am wondering if there is a new Banks book called "Culture" or if you just were talking about his novels dealing with "The Culture".

Most of his books are a great read for being both - very entertaining and intellectually stimulating. On his level this is quite a rare combination...

Bye,
ergates
I only summerized them under "CULTURE", like all the other series I named.
...a little more about this. The book we Canadians know as "The Wayfarer Redemption" is what most other folk know as "BattleAxe". What follows it are the next two books in the "Axis Trilogy" with Enchanter and Starman. These books have "Book 2 of the Wayfarer Redemption" and "Book 3...." on them.

Where some real confusion starts is that I have a book called "Sinner" which states on the cover that it is "Book 1 of the Wayfarer Redemption", but the events start taking place 40 years after the "Axis trilogy". As well, it has a few different books following it. Sounds like a couple of publishers need to get their heads together, and figure out what they want to call which book. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~