Mlvl Monsters that _cannot_ drop + "of Magic" (non-unique) magical items?
Just asking everyone who reads Jarulf's Guide a question.

According to JG 3.8, an mlvl 4 normal monster has an ilvl = mlvl (so in this case, an ilvl of 4)

Now a magical (NOT Unique) item's Properties are determined by formula (JG 3.8.3):

"The qlvl of the prefix and/or suffix must be within the range given below:
Unique and special monster: [(ilvl+4)/2] to ilvl+4
All other sources: [ilvl/2] to ilvl"

So this would appear to mean that an mlvl 4 monster (which would be considered "All other sources" in the above formula) would -- when the item dropped was magical and
non-unique -- always drop something of qlvl determined using formual "ilvl/2 to ilvl", meaning 4/2 to 4, or qlvl 2 to 4 in this case then.

But, looking at the qlvl of magical items' Prefixes and Suffixes in JG 3.4, doesn't this mean that mlvl 4 monsters CANNOT DROP a + "of Magic" normal magical
item?  The suffix "of Magic" is qlvl 1, and so is not within the qlvl of possible magic drops, and the next suffix that adds to magic is "of the mind" which
is qlvl 5, which again is outside the range of items that an mlvl 4 monster can drop!  (All higher + "of Magic" suffixes would be even further beyond this range.)

So an mlvl 4 monster (Rotting Carcasses, Burning Dead skeletons, Corpse Captain skeletons, and Plague Eaters) can _never_ drop + "of Magic" normal magic items?

Or am I reading this incorrectly?
That interpretation seems correct from what I remember. If you want to to be 100% certain, download some modding tools and set the qlvl of every affix to 1. No magic items should now drop at all for a clvl 4 character.

edit: that should say no drops from mlvl 4 monsters. You can also use the modding tools to set everything to mlvl 4 to test faster.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields