The end is nigh!
I generally don't like creating new topics to just throw up a link, but this is something that deserves to be widely read:

A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection

We've officially passed the point of no return.
I m currently reading through it, and if the claims are true then the desicion makers at Microsoft are more daft than I could ever had imagined. It almost sounds like the have marketing guys head their security division.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
[Image: onozav.gif]
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:[Image: onozav.gif]

QFT.
I have my own signature. Yay.
Quote:I generally don't like creating new topics to just throw up a link, but this is something that deserves to be widely read:

A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection

We've officially passed the point of no return.

Just what I need. I have very little concept of all of the things going on inside my computer at any given time, let alone how they work together. The last thing I need is my operating system to be a baysitter going through my system and telling that it can or can't use certain items at certain times. When I put a CD in the tray, I want the damn thing to play with no questions asked. The sense I get from the linked article is that in the near future, if I go out and get a new PC running Vista, I'm not going to have that easy experience that I'm used to. Plus, I may turn on the computer one day, connect to the internet and suddenly have the sound card deactivated because the driver has been revoked, and then have the whole thing blow up because I've tripped enough "tilt bits" that the OS thinks that I'm trying to use a pirate installation. Maybe I should think harder about becoming a Mac person again.

Or maybe I should just wait a while and see if news improves as Vista launch creeps closer.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Or maybe I should just wait a while and see if news improves as Vista launch creeps closer.

I would wait a VERY long time.

these things are popping up all over the place:

Gamasutra: Opinion: 'Vista Casts A Pall On PC Gaming'