Acting performances that surprised you?
Martin Lawrence surprised me in Nothing to Lose. Heck the movie was just better than I expected when one of my friends brought it over one night. It's the only thing he has done that I have liked.

Jim Carrey was good in The Truman Show as has been mentioned. I liked him in Once Bitten as well, its a fun cheese watch. He was actually funny in that one but not a spaz. I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine.

Brad Pitt has surprised me several times, I actually give him much more credit as an actor than I used to. :) I can't really count him as a surprise anymore.

Jamie Foxx has actually been quite good in most everything I've seen him in. He really is a good actor and I can't put him on a surprise list anymore either.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
DeeBye,Jul 26 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:If you don't like Jim Carrey's overboard antics, you'll HATE "A Series of Unfortunate Events".
[right][snapback]84451[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

I'm not a Jim Carrey fan...However in "The Majestic" Genre: Drama / Romance, he knocked my socks off, wish I had seen it on the Big screen...same for Robin Williams in "Goodwill Hunting" :D

Both are over the Top in thier movies, there is nothing wrong with that it's just not my kind of acting in a Movie...but then I can't sit through a LIVE Stand-Up Comic preformance, the one time I did I felt they were waiting for my Laughter in order to continue :rolleyes:

Edit: ps: I do love Comedy, like a Woody Allen movie :lol:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
deathsnake2,Jul 27 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:Jamie Foxx in Collateral. That was another performance where the actor seemed to be the character, rather than play it.
[right][snapback]84522[/snapback][/right]

I too Love Collateral it's on Cable as we post :D

Quote:• Collateral - A contract killer uses a cabdriver for his jobs.
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Tuesday, August 9 7:45 AM 
• Collateral - A contract killer uses a cabdriver for his jobs.
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Tuesday, August 9 11:00 PM 
• The Making Of: Collateral - Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx star in the crime drama.
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Wednesday, August 10 9:30 PM 
Home Box Office Signature (Pacific), Thursday, August 11 5:45 PM 
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Sunday, August 14 10:55 AM 
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Sunday, August 14 8:00 PM 
Home Box Office, Tuesday, August 16 7:35 PM 
• Collateral - Un asesino contratado usa a un taxista para realizar sus trabajos.
HBO Latino Pacific feed, Tuesday, August 16 10:35 PM 
Home Box Office (Pacific), Tuesday, August 16 10:35 PM 
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Thursday, August 18 6:50 AM 
• The Making Of: Collateral - Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx star in the crime drama.
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Thursday, August 18 8:55 AM 
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Thursday, August 18 5:50 PM 
Home Box Office Signature (Pacific), Saturday, August 20 5:45 PM 
Home Box Office Zone (Pacific), Sunday, August 21 9:30 PM 

Griselda,Jul 24 2005, 02:54 AM Wrote:Obviously, Sean Astin came a long way from "The Goonies" with his portrayal of Samwise Gamgee.  He's an actor that I'd really like to see be a bit more discriminating about the roles he accepts.
[right][snapback]84124[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

Rent "RUDY" (1993) Genre: Biography / Drama / Sport :D

Quote:Tagline: When people say dreams don't come true, tell them about Rudy!

Plot Outline: Rudy has always been told that he was too small to play college football. But he is determined to overcome the odds and fulfill his dream of playing for Notre Dame

Griselda,Jul 24 2005, 01:54 AM Wrote:I also refuse to watch any movie with Jim Carrey in it, although it seems like I would have liked "A Series of Unfortunate Events".  Does anybody know if Carrey was as annoying as he usually is in that movie?[right][snapback]84124[/snapback][/right]

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Jim Carey is typecast in many peoples' minds as the fool, and has certainly filled that role in a number of this movies. This isn't one of them. Elijah Wood gives a great performance as well.

Speaking of Elijah Wood, check out Back to the Future 2. :lol:

Brad Pitt? Check out Twelve Monkeys. Genius.
See you in Town,
-Z